You might have heard or seen people making money on Instagram. Do you think it is difficult? If you say yes, I will make it be a myth. We are in the era were the Internet grew widely as a result, it is so easy to do anything or get anything with a smart mobile on hand. Even small kids who haven’t reached their teen are making money on Instagram. It’s a fast-growing world in technology where Social Media is the Gasoline and Content is the King. If you provide quality content, then conversion is the Queen.
Among all the social media platforms, Instagram is fast-growing. The content reaches many people in seconds and becomes viral. Thus, Instagram is one of the best platforms to make money online. Before you think of starting to make money on Instagram lots of questions might arise. Let me clarify them.
How many followers do you need to make money on Instagram?
If you come up with such question that how many followers are needed to make it happen. Then my answer in short, “not as much as you think”.
It also depends on various factors:
- Depending on the niche in which you’re planning to start an Instagram page.
- How engaged your followers are? (having 100k fake followers doesn’t help).
- Also depends on the way of making revenue.
Do I need to make any investment?
Yes, you need to invest but the investment is not in terms of money, You should invest in various important factors:
- The first and foremost investment is your time and dedication. It is much important to spend a minimum of 3-4 hours per day.
- Creating quality content for your followers.
- Having a good engagement with your followers.
How to make money on Instagram?
There are lots of ways through which you can make money on Instagram. But the only thing is you have to choose the right option by which you can excel better.
Build an audience and sell shoutouts
Start an Instagram profile with a unique niche and gain good followers for your profile. You can gain a good number of followers by having a good relationship with them. Once you reach a good number of followers, then reach out to startup page and sell shoutouts. Bigger pages sell shoutouts starting from $15 onwards. The price varies of different page categories as well as each page has its own terms and conditions for shoutouts. Create your own rules and start selling shoutouts.
Create and sell Digital products (e-Book, Courses etc.)
Another way is that once you have a perfect Instagram profile with a good audience, then you can start creating some digital products such as e-Book, Courses etc to your followers based on your niche. For example, say you are Makeup artist, you can write an e-Book on Beauty tips or you can create a course related to that.
Instagram Marketing Consultation
If you have good knowledge on Instagram Marketing if you know how to make a perfect Instagram profile and much more. Then you can work as a Consultant. You can do a consultation with startup pages and help them grow their page.
Instagram Account Management
Instagram has more than 800 million active users and good engagement with the audience. Many brands want to have an Instagram page but they don’t want to spend much time on Instagram. Therefore, you can do an Instagram Account Management service for their page. You’ll have to build their followers, promote their products or services, convert their followers into loyal customers and it’ll grow their business organically.
Collaborate with brands and promote their products
Once you build a good audience you can collaborate with other brands and promote their products. For that, you require a good follower base. For people of this kind they call them as “Influencers”. An Influencer is someone who’s built themselves an online reputation by doing and sharing awesome things online. To their audiences, Influencers are tastemakers, trendsetters and trusted experts whose opinions about certain subjects are respected. Many brands partner with influencers instead of sponsored posts that help get the word out about their products. But it’s not just the size and reach of your Instagram account that brands want. It’s your audience’s trust and engagement with your content.
Brands will reach you once you become an Influencer and list yourself in some of the following sites:
- Shoutcart – Sell a “shout out” to your audience on behalf of a brand.
- Fohr card – Connect your Instagram, blog, YouTube channel, and other social platforms to create an influencer “card” that shows your different profiles and total reach for brands shopping around for a partnership. You also get access to a list of brands and their wants, so you can take the initiative to reach out too.
- Grapevine – If you have 5000 or more followers, you can list yourself in the Grape Vine marketplace for the opportunity to work with like-minded brands.
- Crowd Tap – Do small content creation tasks to earn rewards. This is great if you’ve got a smaller audience. Available in the U.S only.
- indaHash – Brands put up campaigns that you can participate in. Post a picture with the specified hashtags on Instagram and get paid. You need 700 engaged followers to be eligible.
A brand will reach you based on their requirements. These Influencer market places increase your chances of being discovered.
Market affiliate products
Unlike an influencer, an affiliate is more invested in making sales for the partner brand not just generating awareness in exchange for a commission. This is typically done with a trackable link or unique promo code to ensure clicks actually translate into sales. Since Instagram doesn’t yet allow links anywhere outside of your bio, you can only focus on one product at a time if you choose to rely on affiliate links, making promo codes a better option for Instagram since you can actually incorporate them into your posts. You can reach out to one of the many online merchants that offer affiliate programs. Or you can also explore popular marketplaces like:
- ClickBank – An affiliate platform with a tier-based commission that’s open to everyone.
- RewardStyle – An invitation-only fashion and lifestyle influencer network that offers 20% commissions.
- Amazon’s Affiliate Program – A popular option that pays up to 10% commission fee.
Design creatives for other pages
If you are good at design, you can design creatives for Instagram pages and make money. You can reach out to pages who are startup and looking to develop their brand. Provide them good creatives for their pages and earn. But this might not be helpful to all. On the other hand, even if you don’t have knowledge on using design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator etc., you can use an online free design tool – Canva. Canva helps you to create professional designs very easily. It takes only 23 seconds to learn.
Promote your own brand via Instagram
By now you might be well clear with making money on Instagram. However, you can start your own Brand page on Instagram by choosing a unique niche. Design your Instagram page to look like a big brand. Then build your audience and promote your brand on Instagram. Consequently, convert your audience to customers and make money.
Sell your Instagram Account
Had enough of Instagram? Ready to move on? Well, you’ll be happy to know that all your hard work hasn’t gone to waste. You can actually sell your Instagram account if (for whatever reason) you can no longer manage it.
Here are some of the marketplaces to sell your Instagram account:
- Fame swap – Buy and sell established Instagram accounts and Youtube channels here.
- Viral accounts – Buy or sell Facebook Fanpage, YouTube channel, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest account.
Have I left any money making way on Instagram that you do? Please leave a comment, I’ll add it up.